Today Steve Jobs will give us a sneak peek of the next version of OS X (10.5) at WWDC. You can get a live coverage at MacRumors or the irc channel #macrumors (irc.macrumorslive.com).
Still tired from Otakon. I’m going to finish the comic later tonight.
– “multiple people holding up laptops for video feed of room – spinning around for the full view” – Ha!
– Goodbye PowerMacs….. HELLO MAC PRO! (old case – two optical drives, woodcrest processors, based on core 2 duo, all dual core, up to 3 Ghz, large 4 MB shared L2 cache, 128 bit vector engine, 64 bit, deliver tremendous performance per watt, up to 3x a Xeon, 1.6 to 2.1x faster than the G5 quad, up to 2 TB of internal storage DAMN!)
– Mac Pro ships today!
– Preview of next OS X..
– support for 64 bit applications…
– Time machine (Built in backup support, with time machine, you can get those files back by entering a date or time, finder windows move through timeline on the side of the machine through time, can find entire roll of deleted photos back in time..)
– Virtual Desktops
– spotlight (enabling spotlight to search OTHER machines if you have permissions)
– CORE animation (allows you to dramatically increase the production value of your applications)
– improved voiceover voices
– improved Mail
– dashboard..now with dashcode for developers to design, develop and debug dashboard widgetstemplates
– Webclip – button in safari to make a widget of a comic strip
– enhanced iChat (multiple logins, visibility, animated icons, video recording, and tabbed chats)
-ichat theater (show slides to friends and family)
– ichat video with backdrops, still or video….pr0n video backdrops anyone?